Date(s) - October 28th
To register for this event, please fill out the form to the right ->
A clear and concise explanation of the teachings, meditations and philosophies of the three main schools of Buddhism: Theravada, Mahayana, and Tantra.
This comprehensive guide to the Buddhist path is as accessible as it is complete. Michael will break the teachings down conveniently into the three traditional “vehicles,” while never letting us forget the essential point of all—the Dharma is nothing other than insight into the mind and heart.
Along the way, his teachings will provide a vivid, living definition of fundamental Buddhist concepts such as compassion, emptiness, and Buddha-nature while answering common questions such as:
- Why does Buddhism teach that there is “no self”?
- Are Buddhist teachings pessimistic?
- Does Buddhism encourage social passivity?
- What is the role of sex in Buddhist tantra?
- Why is it said that samsara is nirvana?
- Does it take countless lifetimes to attain enlightenment, or can it be achieved in this very life?
The weekend will be interspersed with fundamental meditation practices from all lineages. There will be much time reserved for further answering of any questions that may arise for participants. All are welcome.